SILICONE SCAR GEL – TOPICAL PROTECTIVE SCAR BARRIER FILM
Medical Scar Protection Gel
15 g, airless tube.
Silicone Scar Gel is a silicone scar gel for scar treatment that:
· is made of silicone, lightweight and self-drying.
· Softens, flattens and smoothens scars
· Reliefs itching and discomfort of scars
· Minimizes discoloration that goes with scars.
Silicone Scar Gel is effective for:
· The treatment of old and new hypertrophic and keloid scars due to general surgical procedures, wound, burns and trauma.
· The softening and flattening of raised scars.
· The reduction of redness and discoloration associated with scars.
· The reduction of itching and irritation.
Silicone Scar Gel is suitable for:
· All skin types and colours.
Indications for use:
Silicone Scar Gel can be applied after stitches have been removed and wound-closure.
Ideal treatment period of 90 days is recommended. Depending on the scar’s condition and the age, treatment can be shorter or longer.
Silicone Scar Gel dries rapidly and forms a custom fitted silicone sheet, like a second skin, that is gas permeable, waterproof and flexible. Silicone Scar Gel forms a bond with the stratum corneum and will act as a protective barrier against physical, chemical and microbial invasion of the scar and helps to maintain hydration. This allows the scar to mature through normalized collagen synthesis cycles and improves the cosmetic and physiological aspect of the scar.
Silicone Scar Gel is NOT to be used:
· for the eyes, mucous membranes, third degree burns and open wounds.
· On dermatological conditions that disrupt the skin’s integrity.
Skin should be dry and clean prior to the application of Silicone Scar Gel . Apply a very thin layer of Silicone Scar Gel twice a day and allow to dry. To obtain an optimal effect SiliconeScar Gel should be left on the skin for 24 hours.
After drying, a sun block or cosmetics may be applied. If the gel is still not dry after 4-5 minutes, probably too much has been used. Remove the excess of gel and allow the drying process to continue.
Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, third degree burns and open wounds.
Use on children: Since Silicone Scar Gel is totally bio-compatible, it can be used for children and on sensitive skins without complications.
Silicone Scar Gel is a medical device under the terms of the European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC.